Monday, May 25, 2009

Oh Marseille, how I'll miss you!

So last night I actually talked to a native English speaker. It was the first one since I landed and it was kinda weird. It was some kid from Nashville. Yee-Haw!
There was also a kid from England who'd been backpacking through europe for two months and has one left. When something sounded bad he'd say "That's dirt!" instead of that sucks, which I thought was awesome.
Last night I sat at a sidewalk cafe and drank orangejuice then watched the sunset from an old fort on the coast. It was nice. Now I just have a 11 hour or so train ride. Yippee.
TO PARIS!

p.s. I love Marseille. It's definitely my favorite city down here.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Marseille, how i have missed you for nearly 10 yrs. Reading this stuff makes me want to quit my job and hop a plane. For some strange reason, everyone who spends some time in Marseille falls in love with that place. It has its own character or spirit that sets it completely apart from anywhere else i have been. Even though i only spent 2 months there, it was better than all of the sunny days spent in NICE, CANNES, VENCE etc. Just remember to enjoy every slice of fromage and every last crumb from your baggette like it were your last. The best time spent in France is definitely the moments where you just sit there at a cafe or on a park bench and think to yourself...holy crap...this is France!! Soak it up while you can.

    ReplyDelete