So Kristina showed up while I was waiting to blog yesterday. She's alive which is pretty cool (as her ppost indiicated).
Before she got here I went to the rodin museum, which blew me away. I almost died. If inanimate objects could give birth I'd want the Gates of hell (aka porte d'enfer) piece to have my children. It wwas amazing. After that I went to the musee d'orsay, whiich was also amazing. It's in a very cool building that was first a palace then a train station. I saw ALOT of art that day...alot.
After leaving the d'orsay I decided to go to the hotel invalides which houses Napolean's tomb, but i didnt want to pay for the whole museum just for that so I went in and acted like I diidnt know you needed a ticket and so ii got to see it while talking to the guard dude for free :)
After leaving there I watched people at the eiffel tower for awhile and took some pictures. It was very surreal seeing it in person. I couldnt help but seee it froma stress-forcing diagram perspective from when i was an engineering student.
I had written a note to kristina in the room that I'd have dinner at six on the champs elysee and she could meet me there if sshe came in while i was out. So I went up there and looked at the obelisk and the square where they executed everyone, including the queen and marie antoinette, which was interesting walking on the samee ground as all of that. Then I walked up and down that end of the champs elysee since thats where I said I'd be in the note,, only to discover that it costs a million dollars for everything, so I just hung out for awhile and went back to the hotel when I she arrived. We then went out and walked around, lookiing for a place to eat, and found a street cafe, walked around some more and went back to the hotel. We then watched thhe sunset at sacre couer.
The next morning we got breakfast/lunch at another street cafe and went to the picasso museum, which had a thirty foot mirror outside in the courtyard of the building which was really cool.
We decided to walk around and went down to the seine and watched tourist boats go by and waved at the little kids. We found we were next to Notre Dame, so we went over there, walked inside and found out mass was starting, so we caught the beginning of it. I felt bad for the paritioners because there were a million tourists watching from the sides takiing flash bulb pictures the whole time. We skipped out after the intro part and sat in the square watching people and ended up taking pictures for groups of people.
We then wook the metro back to the hotel and got food close by and came in to post, etc.
By the way, it's been kinda chilly here iin Paris,, which is a far cry from Southern France which was a million degrees. I forgot what it was like to not be covered in a film of sweat.
Oh, and I've found a love for pain au chocolat, which is essentially a croissant wrapped around chocolate. Tomorrow we do the louvre,, the arc de triomphe, and pompidou. Should be good. we may go to a concert tomorrow night, but we'll see.
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
sounds awesome. the rodin museum sound epic.
ReplyDeleteSweet!! We are so jealous!!
ReplyDeletedude -- we're having a baby!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you are doing fun things now. At first it seemed like you spent all of your time in transit.
ReplyDelete