Sunday, May 31, 2009

So much bread, so little time...

The keyboard is arranged strangely. Alot of the letters are switched such as the q and a are flipped and i havent yet found the apostrophe, hence its absence in the posts from here, and you have to press shift to make a period! oh well.

So to recap paris, i went to the louvre the next morning and was going to meet Kristina after to go to the pompidou. Let me tell you, there are a freaking lot of pieces of art at the louvre. There were whole wings I just did a brisk walk through to, past a thousand paintings. The best was seeing Nike Winged Victory, the Venus de Milo, the crowning of Napolean (which is HUGE), and la jeune martyr, though the Mona Lisa was cool. I went early so the crowds werent too bad.
After wards there was a miscomunication and kristina and i didnt meet up, so i went and saw the arch de triomph, which happened to have about ten guards in fatigues with automatic weapons. Definitely something you dont see in the states. After that I went and grabbed some bread, a large coke, and some jam and headed to the jardin du luxembourg, which was really pretty. I had so,e french guy ask for money and when i said no, i went off on a rant about french people should stick together and help each other, but i barely understood a single word he said. I just shrugged and it seemed to surprise him his speach didnt work. After watching him annoy other people with the same speach a cop confronted him and they argued for ten minutes. It was hilarious.
Side note: top things people bug you for in France
(I listen for these key words if I cqnt understand them)
1. Money or des pieces
2. cigarettes same in french
3. a light for cigarettes or un feu
4. paper for rolling cigarettes or des papier

Anyways, I met back up with Kristina and we went to a jazz club and listened to a band then walked home. It was nice.
Now I am waiting for my train to Venice which is a night train. Kristina already left for Paris to catch a flight to Berlin. Now Ive got about two days and I head to Berlin and meet up with kristina again.
Times running out
Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. I've heard that Johnny Depp moved to France because they allow you to smoke.

    Speaking of Venice and Paris, have you seen "Before Sunrise" and "Before Sunset?"

    ReplyDelete