So after a very long train ride and nearly no sleep on the train I arrived in Berlin (I also had three hours in Munich). Germany is very cool. We walked around and saw the Reichstag and the East side gallery, which is the longest surrviving section of the wall, which they have since turned into a sort of street art gallery. Its very cool. We also saw he Brandenburg gate, where you could get a stamp in your passport for the original checkpoint charlie\youre leaving the American sector stamp, but Im not totally sure thats legal. Oh well.
It was freezing cold so we found an exhibition of a german photographer that took pictures in Stuttegard before and after the allied bombing at a time when germany banned photography. It was really cool.
After that, we went to a friend of Kristina's apartment and had food and roiboss tea (or however you spell it. red tea, ya'know). It was good stuff.
At this point Im still running on almos now sleep so we went back to the hostel and I fell asleep. It was wonderful.
The best part of Germany is the way they talk. I find it hilarious. It makes me smile when ever I hear people talk. Yesterday I kept talking in an overly comedic and stereotype german accent (think the caterpillar from Bug's Life) and I think I offended some German, but what're you gonna do. It was too funny to stop.
Its funny, cause I can see French, Italians, and Germans getting offended if I walked around doing bad impressions of their accents, but if they did it with an american accent, i couldnt care less.
Makes ya think.
Auferderzein
ps. I know I butchered the spelling of that
Friday, June 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love reading your blog. It makes me want to go back to Europe. Wait util you hear Swiss German. It's like the Swedish Chef speaking German. It's awesome.
ReplyDelete