Monday, May 30, 2011

Anyone got a map?...anyone?...

Yeah, so the plan to rest for an hour then go to the festival didnt quite work out. I laid down, and then got up, seeing it was dark out. I checked the clock and it was past midnight... Oops. I ended just getting ready for bed and sleeping until I had to get up for class the next day.
So when I first got here, my family's son walked me to the Insitut so I would know where it was, but he was trying to converse the whole time, which takes all of my mental energy, and I still hadnt slept at this point, so come the next morning I was quite lost. I knew I was in the right general area, but I had no idea where the Insitut was in relation to where I was. Luckily one of the 4 people Id recognize in the city walked by, the professor from the U that came with us. I ended up shadowing here for until we got to the school (which was only a couple of blocks, so it wasnt too creepy).
Then in the morning we did oral tests to see how our skills were, so they can place us in the correct class tomorrow. It was pretty easy. Apparently though they were quite impressed by the written portion of the online exam I took about a week ago [pats self on back]
Then we were supposed to go on a tour of Tours (tee hee) but I was signing up for an excursion thing, and they left without me. Turns out my friend I stayed with in Paris barely missed it too. Leaving without us...jerks.
Anyways, there was another one in a couple hours, so we wandered around for awhile until we found a café, had lunch, and ran back for the tour, which turned out to be quite basic. Mostly it was just us walking for long stretches, then listening to the guide for about 45 seconds, then walking again. We walked around for about an hour and a half (lots of walking today...again) and ended up back at the institut. My bag had been feeling heavier and heavier through out the day (that laptop is heavy) and it was getting hot. It rained this morning, so everyone wore warmer clothes, then out came the sun and poof! Hot and sweaty. I figured I'd head home, drop off my bag, change into shorts (which I eventually did) then read over by the loire.
Problem was I got a bit lost on the way back, and by the time I found my way, it was kinda close to dinner time (which is in a half hour), so I figured I'd blog instead and head out after, this time without falling asleep. I still havent gotten pictures of Tours yet, maybe that'll happen tonight, but I can post a few pics of the last day in Paris.

And tomorrow is when we find out what classes we're placed in and the real fun begins.
A bientot.

No comments:

Post a Comment