Friday, May 27, 2011

Big Adventure Part Deux

So once again we find ourselves here, on my long distance gloating blog. The difference is this time I'll spend most of my time in one place (the city of Tours) and I'll be gone for over a month (woot).
So Ive got lots of time to kill because security went so fast. They weren't interested in my INR machine, they didnt turn on my laptop, they didnt even try to fondle me! I mean you build up expectations, I had a whole speech full of righteous indignation and plenty of references to human rights and yet here I sit, unfulfilled. Not even a full body "porno scan." I guess I didnt look Arab enough to be pulled "randomly" or normal enough to ensure people that they are being fair. The benefits of being somewhere in the middle I guess.
Anyways, this time Im going to try and post pictures and maybe video, since I should have more time (not paying by the minute helps). We'll see how savvy I turn out to be. I can already sense the feeling of inflated delusions of grandeur, because just maybe you'll tell your friends, and then their friends, and soon I'll be famous!
Ok actually, this will be to let you live vicariously through my amazingness, and maybe to alert you of the impending nuptials in case I find a cute French girl to woo. (I give it 50/50).
Well, I've got a long flight ahead of me. I'll land at about 3:10am SLC time.
Now Ive just got an hour and a half to kill...

1 comment:

  1. Good first post. I'm still surprised that you were able to get this blog address. Will you be taking classes in Tours? And if so, are they in English or French? That's good that your heart machine didn't cause any troubles. I'm surprised you went through security so quickly as well. I thought the scanner or the pat down were mandatory now. The last time I flew was in the summer and they didn't have those requirements yet. Utah is considering a bill to put restrictions on the TSA.

    ReplyDelete